To mark the 40th anniversary of THE PERSUADERS! (PG), Network has commissioned an HD restoration of all 24 episodes for a Blu-ray edition with brand new special features, available to buy from all good retailers on 19th September, RRP £79.99. However, pre-order something special now! An exclusive event titled “THE TIME AND THE PLACE” 40th ANNIVERSARY EVENT will mark the occasion, attended by Sir Roger Moore KBE himself, who will be talking about his career and role in the show.
An HD clip of the restoration can be viewed here
* 6pm on 10 September 2011, Kent House, Knightsbridge commences with a food and drinks reception
* Introduction followed by an HD screening of two episodes selected by Sir Roger Moore, “Overture” and “A Death in the Family.”
* A Q&A and signing session with Sir Roger Moore.
* The original restored Aston Martin from the series will be on display.
* A special prize will be awarded to the person who attends in the best 70s attire!
* £40/pp to attend the reception, screening and Q&A.
* OR £80/pp for “The Gold Napoleon” ticket which also includes an advance copy of the Blu-ray and an opportunity to have it signed by Sir Roger Moore personally. * All tickets available exclusively from www.networkdvd.co.uk
THE PERSUADERS! 40TH ANNIVERSARY BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
• Digitally restored, High Definition transfers • 156 page fully-bound book of viewing notes by Andrew Pixley • Recently found, extensive textless material (including some behind the scenes) (HD) • Previously unseen alternate title sequence (HD) • Extensive HD image galleries of rare and previously unseen stills • 1972 Sun TV Awards footage with Tony Curtis • Contemporary French interview on location from 1971 • Moore and Curtis reunion on the Alan Titchmarsh Show from 2008 • Merchandise image gallery (HD) • The Morning After – Remembering The Persuaders! exclusive documentary • Commentaries with Roger Moore, Tony Curtis and production staff • AVROSkoop contemporary documentary from 1971
• Top of the Pops promotional video for John Barry’s theme
• Promotional spots • Trailers and archive newsreel footage • Tony Curtis interviewed by Russell Harty • French titles • Commercial break bumpers • Script PDFs • International movie versions and trailers for London Conspiracy, Mission: Monte Carlo, Sporting Chance and The Switch